Physiotherapy is a therapeutic health profession concerned with improving the way you move, and enhancing your quality of life. This is done by giving you the most suitable treatment for an injury or condition. Physiotherapy is a client concentrated health profession that is focused on improving quality of life by:
- Promoting ideal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness;
- Preventing a new injury, re-aggravating an existing injury and/or any disability;
- Managing acute and chronic conditions and activity limitations
- Improving and maintaining optimal physical independence with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions;
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline.